As you know, the stock market has been pretty volatile lately. It seems that because of current economic conditions, many companies are contemplating mergers and acquisitions. Here are a few on which to keep an eye:
1. XEROX and WURLITZER. They're going to make reproductive organs.
2. FAIRCHILD ELECTRONICS and HONEYWELL COMPUTERS. To be called "Fairwell Honeychild."
3. POLYGRAM RECORDS, WARNER BROTHERS and KEEBLER. To be called "Poly-Warner-Cracker."
4. W.R.GRACE CO. , FULLER BRUSH CO. , MARY KAY COSMETICS and HALE BUSINESS SYSTEMS. To be called "Hale, Mary, Fuller, Grace."
5. 3M and GOODYEAR. To be called "MMM Good."
6. JOHN DEERE and ABITIBI-PRICE. To be called "Deere Abi."
7. HONEYWELL, IMASCO and HOME OIL. To be called "Honey, I'm Home."
8. DENISON MINES, ALLIANCE and METAL MINING. To be called "Mine All Mine."
9. GREY POUPON and DOCKERS PANTS. To be called "Poupon Pants."
10. MERRILL LYNCH and PRICE WATERHOUSE. To be called "Lynch Waterhouse"
11. ZIPPO MANUFACTURING, AUDI, DOFASCO and DAKOTA MINING. To be called "Zip Audi Do-Da."
12. KNOTT'S BERRY FARM and THE NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR WOMEN. To be called "Knott Now."