- Never take a beer to a job interview.
- Always identify people in your yard before shooting at them.
- It's considered tacky to take a cooler to church.
- If you have to vacuum the bed, it is time to change the sheets.
- Even if you're certain that you are included in the will, it is
still considered tacky to drive a U-Haul to the funeral.
- When decanting wine, make sure that you tilt the paper cup, and pour
slowly so as not to "bruise" the fruit of the vine.
- If drinking directly from the bottle, always hold it with your
fingers covering the label.
ENTERTAINING IN YOUR HOME
- A centerpiece for the table should never be anything prepared by a
- Do not allow the dog to eat at the table...no matter how good his
- While ears need to be cleaned regularly, this is a job that should
be done in private using one's OWN truck keys.
- Proper use of toiletries can forestall bathing for several days.
However, if you live alone, deodorant is a waste of good money.
- Dirt and grease under the fingernails is a social no-no, as they
tend to detract from a woman's jewelry and alter the taste of finger
DATING (Outside the Family)
- Always offer to bait your date's hook, especially on the first date.
- Be aggressive. Let her know you're interested: "I've been wanting to
go out with you since I read that stuff on the bathroom wall two years
- Establish with her parents what time she is expected back. Some will
say 10:00 PM; Others might say "Monday." If the latter is the
answer, it is the man's responsibility to get her to school on time.
- Crying babies should be taken to the lobby and picked up immediately
after the movie has ended.
- Refrain from talking to characters on the screen. Tests have proven
they can't hear you.
- Livestock, usually, is a poor choice for a wedding gift.
- Kissing the bride for more than 5 seconds may get you shot.
- For the groom, at least, rent a tux. A leisure suit with a
cummerbund and a clean bowling shirt can create a tacky appearance.
- Though uncomfortable, say "yes" to socks and shoes for this special
- Dim your headlights for approaching vehicles; Even if the gun is
loaded, and the deer is in sight.
- When approaching a four-way stop, the vehicle with the largest tires
always has the right of way.
- Never tow another car using panty hose and duct tape.
- When sending your wife down the road with a gas can, it is impolite
to ask her to bring back beer.
- Do not lay rubber while traveling in a funeral procession.